ICRI Information and Communication
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
ICRI Information and Communication Technology Services
All students are provided with an e-mail address after registration in ICRI-VLE. It is mandatory that students use this e-mail address for all communication with the Institute. Important notices will be sent to students via their ICRI-VLE group e-mail address. We therefore recommend students check their VLE in-box on a daily basis.
Resource: ICRI-VLE FAQs
1. Check settings on your Laptopcomputer
Prior to registration
- Make sure that you have a secure password.
- Make sure that your network settings are correct.
- Make sure that your firewall is ON, and ICMP echo is enabled (for Windows, the programsecuritycheck.exe can be used for this.
Problems with connections
- No connection: Check that your laptop Wi-Fi is enabled properly (leftmost socket if there are more than one)
- No registration page: Settings for networking may be wrong. In particular, you should make sure that your connection is set to automatic (DHCP); this is the default, but you or someone else may have changed it. If you do not know how to set this correctly, consult the IT Office.
- Registration fails: You may have mistyped your CRSID (Common Registration Service identifier), or did not accept the conditions.
- Authentication fails: Your password was incorrect.
Use the Network Efficiently