PhD Healthcare & Hospital Management:
2016 Admission Opens (Only Delhi Campus)
Thank you for applying to the Institute of Clinical Research India which is the World’s largest and first Clinical Research & Healthcare institution with an alumni strength of more than 12,000 students working across globe
The PhD Healthcare Management programmed is one of India’s first research based programmed in the healthcare industry.
- Growth of healthcare Industry from US$ 35 Billion Industry to over US$75 Billion in the next five Years.
- India will need over a Million healthcare management professionals by 2018.
- 32 quality beds per 10,000 people in the Metros close to the global benchmark of 35 per 10,000.
- Health care and Pharmaceutical industry is witnessing exponential growth.
- Over 250,000 new professionals will be required in the next 5 Years.
- US$20 million health care services industry is growing at 20% and US $9 billion pharmacy industry is growing at 10% annually.
Why PhD Healthcare Management?
Students have numerous areas of research to choose from in the Healthcare Field. The Phd opens up the possibilities for the student to take up suitable teaching assignments as well as senior positions which get opened up for the student in the Healthcare industry.
The PhD programmed has a component of one semester of classes in Research methodology which are held regularly at the ICRI campus. Subsequently the student has to identify a guide/mentor and work with the mentor to develop a synopsis which if accepted by the research committee becomes the topic of the thesis. The thesis and the PhD have to be done in accordance with the UGC guidelines 2009(these are available on the UGC website).The student must meet with the guide regularly at least once a week. The minimum period of time for the thesis to be completed is two years but the student can take more time for which an additional fee is payable. The thesis is to be presented to the research committee and defended .Student has the possibility of suggesting a guide but the guide has to be approved by the University and must meet the norms specified by UGC.
Mentor: Our guides and mentors for the PhD programmed are the best in the industry.
1. Academic members from the university.
2 ICRI PhD professors.
2 Senior Industry members from the Healthcare industry
Candidates have the flexibility of choosing their guide /mentor which is provided from ICRI and the University.
Under special circumstances if a candidate has a specific preference for a guide they can do so provided it has been approved by the academic board.
Candidates, who have little knowledge on Healthcare, will undergo 6 months of academic work which cover areas of the basics of Healthcare. After 6 months candidates are to work on their thesis in conjunction with their guide/mentor and have the facility to meet them according to mutual convenience. Some of the modules covering the basics and foundation of Healthcare will be as follows:
- Operations & Administration
- Planning and development
- Marketing and public affairs
- Government relations
- Material management / Purchasing
- Health Information
- Human resources
- Quality Analysts in Research Centers.
Process: You need to submit Rs/31,000 (application fees of Rs/-1,000+ Rs/-30,000 as a part of the application process) to commence the process.
Eligibility: Masters in hospital administration/operations /management /public health policy or masters in a managerial subject. The student must pass an entrance test set by the university to secure a seat on the programmed