A clinical research associate works on clinical trials, where he or she perform tasks like helping to development of new drugs for existing diseases.
What Would I Do as a Clinical Research Associate?
Clinical research associates are an integral part of clinical trials that are the method by which new pharmaceuticals and medicinal treatments are developed. A clinical research associate would work with a team to plan and implement research trials to test the efficiency of proposed medicines on humans. A CRA is also responsible for several aspects of clinical trials, like screening test subjects, training the staff, monitoring the progress, maintaining records and presenting findings. You need to have a at least BSc in Clinical Research, strong science and math knowledge in addition to exceptional communication skills to succeed in this career.
Clinical research associates come from a variety of backgrounds:
• CRA could enter the field with Bsc in clinical research or Bsc or Msc in one of the life sciences or in a health-related field.
• He or she could come in this filed from a nursing background as a Registered Nurse (RN).
• There are degree programs precisely for students interested in entering the clinical research field at the diploma level and bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral grade levels.
• Undergraduate and graduate programs in clinical research bid courses in research practices, integrity and team management. Accomplishment of a degree program may formulate you to pursue voluntary certification in the clinical research field.
Duties of a CRA:
Below are the duties and things a CRA would require to do:
• Verify that the research site staffs, including the investigators, are conducting the study according to the clinical protocol, “Good Clinical Practices”, and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure reporting of antagonistic events from research location staff to the sponsor and the IRB and IEC.
• Review accuracy and extensiveness of site records like site study file, query tenacity, and other data collection tools.
• Verify Investigational Product responsibility.
• Complete reporting and certify management and resolution of all these activities for example visit reports, trial management tracing system.
• Conduct routine monitoring visits on behalf of the clinical trial patron.
With a degree of Bsc in clinical research and sufficient laboratory experience, you can easily become a clinical research associate and involve in collecting and organizing data obtained during studies and trials steered in fields, such as pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.