IIEC-B was launched on 16th May 2007 at Institute of Clinical Research (India),
Bangalore. The foundation for IIEC-B has been the guidelines ICMR, CIOMS, ICH-GCP Principles, and Schedule Y.
Mission of IIEC-B
- To provide excellence, innovation and caring in health care, education and clinical research.
- To provide global leadership to promote integrity and excellence for the clinical research profession.
- To exemplify the highest possible standard in medical practice and patient care
- To advance the protection and well being of human participants in research
- To foster high ethical standards for the conduct of human research
- Promote ethical conduct in health and medical research involving humans
- To adapt and advise best ethical practices
- To review and approve
- Students/academic project proposals
- Industry proposals
- Independent Ethics Committee established by ICRI, an academic research institute
- SOPs of international standard
- EC members training
- Ethical governance of academic & industry project proposals
- Dr. Manorama Thomas Senior Ethicist & Emeritus Prof, St John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Dr. Sunitha Shukla, Editorial Board, National Bioethics Journal
- Dr. Nandini, ICMR
- Dr. Muthuswami, Deputy Director, ICMR
- Dr. S.K.Gupta, Dean & Director General, ICRI
- IIEC-B has reviewed 25 Academic Research Projects and 1 Industry Project.
- Seminars & Presentations.
- Bioethics workshop (planning stage).
- Training other Ethics Committees.
- Education on Ethical guidelines & requirements globally.
Vision of IIEC-B:
Uniqueness of IIEC-B:
Advisory Panel of IIEC-B:
Research Proposals Reviewed:
Other Activities of IIEC-B:
Creating awareness about ethics in research through: